Bert McGriff/Bearcat Invitational
At Terri Pines Country Club:
1. Muscle Shoals 317, 2. Hartselle 324, 3. Guntersville 333, 4. Fort Payne 340, 5. Hazel Green 341, 6. Bob Jones 370, 7. Florence 381, 8. Cullman 395.
TOP 10 INDIVIDUAL SCORES:
1. Ross Napier -Hartselle 74 (Medalist)
2. Cameron Spehar - Hartselle 75
2. Dawson Garrett - Fort Payne 75
4. Paul Bruce - Guntersville 78
5. Sam Gargis - Muscle Shoals 79
5. Allen Michael Burnett - Muscle Shoals 79
5. Zach Arndt - Muscle Shoals 79
8. Trey Hargis - Hazel Green 80
8. Thomas Reagan - Muscle Shoals 80
10. Harrison Davis - Fort Payne 81
FLASH NOTES: Conditions went from cloudy skies and temperature at 57 as the tournament to sunny skies by the early afternoon and temperature moving into the upper 60s.
A steady wind presented challenges to the 53 participants, plus a wet course that dealt with heavy rainfall on Sunday and Monday.
The staff at Terri Pines worked hard to have the course in playing condition when tee time began.
It was a competitive championship featuring two Hartselle golfers and a Fort Payne linkster to battle it out for top honors.
Napier of Hartselle carded a 2-over par 74 to edge Spehar from Hartselle and Garrett of Fort Payne by a stroke.
Seven of the Top 10 individual scores were in the 70s, between 2-over and 7-over par.
Cullman's best scores of the day came from Holden Atchison with a 91 and Joe Wachter scoring a 92.
Most of these schools hope to get back to Terri Pines on May 7 for the Class 6A North Sub-State. The sub-state will consist of the top four teams from Section 3 and 4 and the four lowest individual scores.
Photo 1: McGriff Invitational All-Tournament team (L-R), Sam Gargis of Muscle Shoals, Paul Bruce of Guntersville, Dawson Garrett of Fort Payne, Cameron Spehar of Hartselle and medalist Ross Napier of Hartselle.
Sportspage photo by Johnny Thornton.