Cullman County Cross Country Championship Meet
At Ray Talley Stadium - Hanceville
1. Quniton Chambers - Fairview 17:36
2. Aaron Brown - Hanceville 17:49
3. Conner Lowey - Holly Pond 18:02
4. CJ Lang - Cold Springs 18:10
5. Jonathan Collett - Cold Springs - 18:17
6. Trentan Williams - Cold Springs 18:18
7. Aaron Spurger - Cold Springs 18:38
8. Seth Walker - Cold Springs 18:52
9. Keegan Hardin - Fairview 18:57
10. Zachery Reynolds - Holly Pond 18:58
TEAM TOTALS: Cold Springs 30, Fairview 51, Holly Pond 64, Hanceville 97, West Point 138
1. Alex McDonald - Fairview 20:52
2. Abigail Kusz - Holly Pond 21:10
3. Camilla Chambers - Holly Pond 21:30
4. Ava Akridge - Cold Springs 21:35
5. Alyssa Jackson - Cold Springs 22:55
6. Brooke Crider - Cold Springs 23:08
7. Sadie Terry - Cold Springs 23:19
8. Carrington Chambers - Fairview 23:27
9. Breanna Tankersley - Holly Pond 24:01
10. Angelica Antibero - Fairview 24:11
TEAM TOTALS: Cold Springs 40, Fairview 42, Holly Pond 43,
1. Will Rhodes - Vinemont 12:16
2. Hunter Calvert - Cold Springs 12:22
3. Brodie Belcher - Cold Springs 12:57
4. Boston McDuffy - Vinemont 13:08
5. Logan Self - Good Hope 13:18
6. Colton Lindsey - Good Hope 13: 22
7. Austin Riddle - Vinemont 13:40
8. Zack Campbell - Hanceville 13:42
9. Kanaan Sutter - West Point 13:43
10. Matt Self - Good Hope 13:42
TEAM TOTALS: Good Hope 25, Hanceville 50, West Point 55
1. Bijou Phillips - Good Hope 14:16
2. Kendall Harbison - Vinemont 15:28
3. Addie Stripling - Good Hope 15:32
4. Hannah Shedd - West Point 16:11
5. Grace Lee - West Point 16:14
6. Tekoa Walker - West Point 17:20
7. Emily Bryan - Fairview 17:26
8. Amber Waldrep - West Point 17:45
9. Valerie Lee - West Point 17:46
10. Leslie Boren - West Point 18:08
TEAM TOTALS: West Point 25, Good Hope 36
FLASH NOTES: Cold Springs continued to control the county in winning its 14th straight county championship with the Lady Eagles reeling in their 12th in a row.
The meet was held for the first time on the campus at Hanceville High School with sunny skies and temperature around 70.
Fairview's Quinton Chambers and Alex McDonald soared to individual crowns in the varsity, continuing the excellence the pair have enjoyed throughout the 2017 campaign.
Cold Springs used good team efforts with the Eagles having their top five runners finish fourth through eight in creating distance between them and runner-up Fairview.
The Lady Eagles experienced the same effect, in a very close race with three points separating Cold Springs, Holly Pond and Fairview.
An experienced Cold Springs squad got tested by Holly Pond's young talent of Abigail Kusz and Camilla Chambers while Fairview had runners to finish 10th, 11th, 12th and 13th, keeping it close at the finish line.
The JV ran a shorter course of 2.5 miles with Will Rhodes of Vinemont coming six seconds ahead of Cold Springs' Hunter Calvert to win the championship.
Good Hope's Bijou Phillips finished a minute and 12 seconds in front of Kendall Harbison of Vinemont in the JV girls meet.
Now the varsity teams will prepare for the postseason with sectional meets to be next Thursday. Cold Springs and Fairview will host sectionals in their class plus other classifications.
Photo 1: Cold Springs Eagles 2017 Cullman County XC champions.
Photo 2: Cold Springs Lady Eagles 2017 Cullman County XC champions
Photo 3: Good Hope Raiders 2017 Cullman County JV XC champions.
Photo 4: West Point Lady Warriors 2017 Cullman County JV XC champions.
Photo 5: Cullman County 2017 champion Quinton Chambers of Fairview.
Photo 6: Cullman County 2017 girls champion Alex McDonald of Fairview.
Sportspage photos by Johnny Thornton